To own and operate exceptionally high quality educational services that promote Maori and Pasifika perspectives and language, to support success, enriched experiences, and high achievement of the outcomes for all children.
Tohu nga whakatipuranga ki te
inu I te puna O te
Kia horo ai te whakaruruhau
O te oranga
Ki runga I te Iwi
Kia Kaha, Kia Toa, Kia Manawanui
Teach the Generations to
Drink at the spring
So that the warmth of
Well-being may be
Widespread over the people
Be strong, Be brave, Be steadfast
Kea Kids Overarching Philosophy
We believe children are unique and are a special gift to us. We provide an environment reflective of Maori and Pasifika cultures and values that promotes a sense of belonging, strong sense of cultural identity and teaching and learning that is holistic. We believe education should enhance and embrace tinorangatiratanga, te reo me nga tikanga, Wairua, Whanaungatanga and all cultural values to equip children with the tools they need to be successful in a changing world.
- We encourage and nurture children’s learning through their interests and strengths. Learning environments are thoughtfully planned for to provoke imagination, creativity, exploration and inquiry. Teaching and learning is a collaborative and holistic process engaged in through play.
- We promote partnerships and value the contribution of whanau. The kaupapa of our organisation is based on our whanau model in which knowledge is gained from parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and colleagues. The model has survived for thousands of years and we recognise and value this acquisition of knowledge and understanding.
- We value and respect tangata whenua, acknowledging the principles of Te tiriti o Waitangi in our daily practice and Centre culture. Te reo and tikanga is living and thriving and we encompass Pasifika values, identity and languages.
- We embrace Te Whariki and are committed to supporting all children ‘to grow up as competent and confident learners and communicators, helathy in mind, body and spirit, secure in their sense of belonging and in the knowledge that they make a vauled contribution to society’.
- We work collaboratively, ensuring the wairua of our people and spaces remain healthy and nurtured in everything we do. Kea Kids is committed to developing strong and successful Maori and Pasifika leaders of the future.
Kea Kids Childcare welcomes open, honest and respectful discussions, the sharing of multiple perspectives and the celebration of diversity which adds depth, richness and connection to others, to places and to things.